Promoting the compliance system
Prioritizing a customer first policy and thorough compliance, AIFUL promotes various initiatives to enhance its compliance system so that it can satisfy the expectations of its stakeholders and earn the support of society.
As an internal system for promoting compliance, AIFUL has established a corporate philosophy, conduct guidelines, and rules related to the thorough enforcement of compliance. It also issues the AIFUL Group Handbook as well as developing and managing compliance programs including a hotline and the Compliance Committee, which includes external members. It also considers various measures to improve the internal control system and carries out preventive measures.
To reinforce these activities, the Group has installed three lines of defense. The first line of defense is on-site monitoring through self-inspection and the establishment of a Compliance Office in business divisions. The second line of defense is internal control such as awareness-raising, education, and follow-ups by the Corporate Risk Management Department, the division in charge of controlling compliance. The third line of defense is corrective measures determined based on appropriateness and effectiveness as evaluated in periodic audits of the entire Group, including group companies and overseas subsidiaries, by the independent Group Internal Auditing Department.
Approaches to antisocial forces
AIFUL strives to sever ties with antisocial forces, to partner with specialist organizations, and to respond to unreasonable demands in a resolute manner, based on its Basic Policy on Antisocial Forces.
To prevent money laundering and the financing of terrorism, AIFUL also carries out KYC (know your customer) in response to the requests of international organizations such as the FATF (Financial Action Task Force), law enforcement, and supervisory authorities.
Please click below for the Basic Policy on Antisocial Forces.
AIFUL Corporation stipulates regulations for its internal reporting system in accordance with the intent of the Whistleblower Protection Act and other related laws and ordinances.
Contact AIFUL Corporation following the procedures below should you discover actions by AIFUL or its employees that are in violation of compliance, including legal offenses and harassment, or actions that are potential offenses.
- Individuals that make a report or consultation
- People working at corporations, companies, organizations or other entities that maintain a business relationship with AIFUL
- Content that is handled
- Provide the following details when making a report.
- ▶Details of report/consultation: The name of the person making a report/consulting, contact information (telephone number, email address, etc.), company name, details of the case, whether feedback of investigation results is necessary, etc. must be conveyed.
- ※Note that we will accept anonymous reports, but, in certain cases this will limit the scope of an investigation or prevent us from providing the reporter with investigation results.
- Method for receiving reports
- We will accept reports by email or postal service. Send reports or inquiries to the following email address.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: AIFUL Corporation, Corporate Risk Management Department 381-1 Takasago-cho, Gojo-Agaru, Karasuma-Dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8420
- Handling personal information
- The personal information of an individual that consults or reports on questionable actions, and the details of said consultations and reports are only used for investigations and dealing with situations and are only disclosed to people involved in the investigation.